Born, raised, and educated in Albany; now residing in the suburbs with my family. Since 1991 I work full time in the electric utility industry. In 1996 I returned to college at SUNY Albany and began studies for an undergraduate Bachelors in History and later graduated with a Masters in history in 2005.
Always interested in history; especially my own family history and genealogy. I began tracing my family tree in 1980 as a middle school social studies project and continued until 1996 when I returned to college and my research then became sporadic until 2011 when I returned in full force to genealogy.
At some point I intend to work towards becoming a certified genealogist (CG). Other historical interests include graveyard conservation and rehab; local and New York State history; and old homes and architecture.
Genealogical & historical societies that I belong to include:
- Association for Gravestone Studies (Life Member)
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- Capital District Genealogical Society
- East Greenbush Historical Society
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- New York Genealogical & Biographical Society (Life Member)
- Palatines to America (Life Member)
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
- Troy Irish Genealogy Society
- Watervliet Historical Society